Wednesday 12 March 2014

Bundt love

Over the past couple of months I have noticed that bundt cakes have become more predominate on social media and more people have been posting new recipes for them. I have therefore spent the last few months looking at all the different bundt pans and wishing I had one! 
Now for those of you who have no clue what a bundt cake is then here is the Wikipedia description: "A cake that is baked in a Bundt pan, shaping it into a distinctive ring shape. The shape is inspired by a traditional European fruitcake known as Gugelhupf, but Bundt cakes are not generally associated with any single recipe. The style of mold in North America was popularised in the 1950s and 60s, after cookware manufacturer Nordic Ware trademarked the name "Bundt" and began producing Bundt pans from cast aluminum"  

Now I have also spent many hours looking at the Nordic Ware website trying to pick one pan so I can find out how much the shipping is over to the UK but failing, there are so many fantastic shapes that picking one is proving too hard to do. At the moment I have got it down to 2, the Heritage and the Jubilee
 
But this does change on a daily basis!

I have found in my extensive collection of cake tins a mini bundt pan which is the size of a cupcake tray and have 6 mini bundt holes in it so I have been using this to try out some of the recipes I have seen. 

Last week I made chocolate bundts and added micro eggs and decorated them in a Cadbury's Cream egg style 
Tonight I came home and was going to make banana bundt cakes I had put a bunch of very ripe bananas in the freezer a few weeks ago to try and save them rather than throwing them away but when I got home having got them out of the freezer this morning they were pretty much liquid so I had to change my plans and decided on an apple and cinnamon recipe from the Martha Stewart website   
I halved the recipe after I had converted all the measurements into grams to make my easier, again it was a very easy recipe. I think it took me more time to peal and chop the apples than it did to mix everything together. My greasing the tin was not very good this time (must buy myself some Cake Release) so they did not come out as easily as the last lot but I'm sure it will not spoil the taste. 
And my biggest critic was happy as he polished one off for his pudding tonight. 
I have promised myself that I will treat myself to a bundt pan as soon as I can decide which one I want!




No comments:

Post a Comment